help!!!

Bridget Davis

Sep 22, 2019
please any advice would be appreciated..my mums currently in a N home, which meets her nursing and dementia needs fully, shes been there 8 months. after being discharged in a near death condition from hospital, we wanted the best money could pay for for her last days, fast forward to now, although frail, and being unresponsive and nursed in bed for about 4 out of 7, needing help to drink eat etc, personal care, we find ourselves in an untenable situation, deputyship as no mental capacity will take approx. 5 more weeks, so we cannot sell her house, her savings have all gone, current home will not enter into a deferred payment agreement, have been told she or we will be liable for another months fees if she remains after 27/09/2019.adult social care are a joke having been led up garden path with misinformation everywhere we ve turned, can anyone one help us with what to do..we ve trawled around virtually every nursing home that would be suitable, but either they cannot meet her needs or are not willing to "take her on" due to the money situation? what on earth are we supposed to do???

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Hi.Have you tried Continued Health Care?She sounds like She has some primary care needs.
Plus ,she is in a Nursing Home and not a Residential which is different.

Somebody who knows more than me will probably give you better advice.But Social Services have a duty of care so you will need to contact them again and tell them you are stepping back so they will need to deal with it.Not nice I know.

Your mum needs to be reassessed.

Bridget Davis

Sep 22, 2019
Hi.Have you tried Continued Health Care?She sounds like She has some primary care needs.
Plus ,she is in a Nursing Home and not a Residential which is different.

Somebody who knows more than me will probably give you better advice.But Social Services have a duty of care so you will need to contact them again and tell them you are stepping back so they will need to deal with it.Not nice I know.

Your mum needs to be reassessed.
thanks for replying ..shes failed, goodness knows how, the chc assessment twice?, prob as they visited on one of her awake days..but im going to try to arrange an IMCA tomorrow as adult social care have been totally useless. we need someone else to put pressure on them , its ridiculous!

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Yes it is.This situation in the UK is totally out of control.
Dad failed his ,even though he has a catheter which scored an A .But I forgot to tell them he is in heart failure.Seems like you have to remember everything.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
please any advice would be appreciated..my mums currently in a N home, which meets her nursing and dementia needs fully, shes been there 8 months. after being discharged in a near death condition from hospital, we wanted the best money could pay for for her last days, fast forward to now, although frail, and being unresponsive and nursed in bed for about 4 out of 7, needing help to drink eat etc, personal care, we find ourselves in an untenable situation, deputyship as no mental capacity will take approx. 5 more weeks, so we cannot sell her house, her savings have all gone, current home will not enter into a deferred payment agreement, have been told she or we will be liable for another months fees if she remains after 27/09/2019.adult social care are a joke having been led up garden path with misinformation everywhere we ve turned, can anyone one help us with what to do..we ve trawled around virtually every nursing home that would be suitable, but either they cannot meet her needs or are not willing to "take her on" due to the money situation? what on earth are we supposed to do???

No advice but couldn’t not reply, sending (((((Hugs)))))