Help

MollyR

Jul 15, 2019
My husband has had Alzheimer’s 4 years. He forgets who I am, becomes verbally aggressive and frightens me so I leave the house for a wile. I have come to the end of my tether as also carer fir my son who has mental health problems. Been to doctor etc had meeting with social worker and family. Family think I just want to get rid of him and show no affection. But they never spend anytime with him or us so don’t know. Report from social services say that my mind neglect my hudbsnd when I leave him on his own and I show him no affection. I love him dearly but when he doesn’t know who I am he won’t let me show affection as he thinks it’s wrong. Social services decided he would be better in a care home, family furious and I am so tired confused etc

BluTinks

Dec 7, 2018
You are primary carer for your son . As much as it hurts.. you have to look after your son... & yourself ....
Family are not in your situation...
your answer is staring you in the face !
Look after yourself & your son

Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
outside UK
We all love those who we look after but if you feel as you do in your own home, you know that you have to look after yourself and your son first and foremost. Ignore the family they are not in your shoes and you will never please all of them no matter how hard you try, putting him in a home shows that you do care, not that you don't, be proud of how far you have come regardless and let someone else (the care home) take over the responsibility. Good luck X

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
If family feel they can do better,then hand it over.I would take a step back and let it all play out.We all have our limits and can only do so much before we reach a crisis point.Do you have outside carers in?If not ,maybe that will help.