Help

Judy Lough

Mar 28, 2008
Scotland
My sister in Harrow, has early alzeimers. I live in Edinburgh,Scotland and feel helpless. Can anyone give advice about an altzeimer sufferer living alone in Harrow.
I am becoming desperate. Please help.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Judy, welcome to TP.

Has your sister any help? Does she live alone, Has she contacted social services for an assessment?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but without knowing more about the situation, it's difficult to know what to suggest.

If you can tell us more, I'm sure lots of people will be along with support and advice.

All the best,

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Hi Judy and welcome.

I know nothing about the services on offer in Harrow but know you will find lots of support here.

As Hazel (Skye) says if you can give us a little more information I'm sure you willl get lots of help. I suspect you have just been hit with your sister's diagnosis and don't really know where to start.

When you are ready to tell us a little more we are all here for you.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Judy,
Perhaps the best idea would be to ask your sister what she wnats for herself in the future and how she feels about outside help. Is she alone or with a partner?
Does she have insight into her condition or in denial?
You sound in shock. You need some time to come to terms with the diagnosis, if anyone ever can come to terms with such a shock.
Take care xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coo