Help with social services

Hugo44

Mar 2, 2019
I’m desperate for advice or help if anyone has been in a similar situation.. my friends mum went to daycare and apparently said she didn’t want to come home:-( she has dementia and gets really confused. We have been told by social services that she doesn’t want to see the family and there is nothing we can do to challenge it ! We don’t know where she is and have been told by SS there is nothing we can do .. we have no money for lawyers and we are desperate... any advice ???

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello @Hugo44, you are welcome here.

That must be very distressing for all concerned. May I suggest that a chat with the experts on the helpline may be useful in giving you some pointers. The helpline details are
National Dementia Helpline
0300 222 11 22
Our helpline advisers are here for you.
Helpline opening hours:
Monday to Wednesday 9am – 8pm
Thursday and Friday 9am – 5pm
Saturday and Sunday 10am – 4pm

chickenlady

Feb 28, 2016
I’m desperate for advice or help if anyone has been in a similar situation.. my friends mum went to daycare and apparently said she didn’t want to come home:-( she has dementia and gets really confused. We have been told by social services that she doesn’t want to see the family and there is nothing we can do to challenge it ! We don’t know where she is and have been told by SS there is nothing we can do .. we have no money for lawyers and we are desperate... any advice ???
Unless they have grounds to believe that she is being abused or neglected this sounds appalling. Talk to her GP and ask him to investigate on your behalf.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jorbla