1. Innatewellbeing

Innatewellbeing Registered User

Feb 8, 2015
    Hi Everyone,

My Mum has Alzheimer's and is now finding it more difficult to sleep properly.
    I have tried medication from the GP but the side effects are horrific.

I am now trying melatonin and am waiting for something else natural to try.

Has anyone found anything else natural that has helped who they are caring for?

Thank you.

Tony x

2. Lilac Blossom

Lilac Blossom Registered User

Oct 6, 2014
    Scotland
    Hi Tony - warm welcome to TP

I look after hubby who has Vascular dementia. He has not needed medication to help him sleep so I have no experience of the side effects your mum has had. Hubby sleeps a lot, sometimes while eating his dinner! but not necessarily all night of course (I wish) - he can be rather noisy/agitated which is not so good.

There will be others who will give helpful replies based on experience so I hope you will find something that works out well, Tonyxx

3. Amber 3

Amber 3 Registered User

Feb 4, 2015
    South Devon
    I was going to ask the same question, and wondered if anyone had tried over the counter remedies such as Kalms or Nytol ?

4. Owly

Owly Registered User

Jun 6, 2011
    How about Chamomile or SleepEasy tea (avaiable as teabags in supermarkets). SleepEazy tea contains Valerian which can also be bought as capsules. They all have a slightly sedative effect.