Help with showering

AbbyGee

Nov 26, 2018
Portsmouth, South Coast
I'm prolly in an earlier stage with my old geezer's hygiene. We got rid of bath years ago (2 x hip replacements for me plus his 1 x hip and 1 x knee meant over bath shower simply wasn't a good deal) but I just say something like .....
"Shower's going on - you gonna get in or waste your electricity?"
or
"C'mon mate, let's freshen up, shall we?"
or
"Let's use that new shower cream, eh?"
and if all else fails then
"Phew - you are REALLY NOT NICE Mr Stinky-Poohs" ....

It depends on the day, weather, mood (mine and his) but I have even threatened to put him in the garden and hose him down.

I'm sure my olfactory nerves have been fried away but hey-ho .... smelly is better than the alternative. Maybe. :(

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
I'm prolly in an earlier stage with my old geezer's hygiene. We got rid of bath years ago (2 x hip replacements for me plus his 1 x hip and 1 x knee meant over bath shower simply wasn't a good deal) but I just say something like .....
"Shower's going on - you gonna get in or waste your electricity?"
or
"C'mon mate, let's freshen up, shall we?"
or
"Let's use that new shower cream, eh?"
and if all else fails then
"Phew - you are REALLY NOT NICE Mr Stinky-Poohs" ....

It depends on the day, weather, mood (mine and his) but I have even threatened to put him in the garden and hose him down.

I'm sure my olfactory nerves have been fried away but hey-ho .... smelly is better than the alternative. Maybe. :(

I’ve even thought about sheep dip, or the car wash in extremis!
Bet SS or GP would have something to say about that!

Mudgee Joy

Dec 26, 2017
New South Wales Australia
Maybe this won’t help but perhaps Japanese style wash - lather dad up with basin and soapy water outside the shower and then just pop him into shower or bath to rinse !? We washed like that in Japan.