Help with putting up Links

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
I know ive asked before n ive followed the instructions given n failed pitifully,
Its getting embarrassing having to keep asking for someone to put up a link to a thread :)

So could you give me an idiots guide :) how to , im not computer literate so it DOES need to be an idiots guide lol
Thanks in advance .

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Hi Lin, Let me try to help :)

1. Open the thread you want to post a link of/from

2. At the top of the screen where it says http://forum etc

3. Point at that and right click

4. Select COPY

5. Where you want the link to be right click

6. Select PASTE

Hope that helps :)

Poetic_Lass

Mar 14, 2011
USA
www.facebook.com
Are you trying to copy something from another site, like pictures, or just a link from this forum?

You right click, then select copy with your mouse - after you get to where you want it to be pasted, right click again and select paste. If it's something specific you need help with, feel free to let me know and I'll do my best to help. :)

PS - if just a thread link you're wanting to paste, you can highlight the top bit that says http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/, for example, or you can right click and go to properties, highlight and copy - whichever would be easiest to remember.

Last edited:

Poetic_Lass

Mar 14, 2011
USA
www.facebook.com
I did screenshot steps for you. I hope it helps you. :)

Highlight
highlight.jpg

Copy
copy.jpg

Paste
paste.jpg

PS - Don't feel embarrassed, dear. This is supposed to be my generation, and I'm still behind a lot of people. :) x

Last edited:

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Sylvia
errr umm what are screen shots:eek: think I should

Attachments

• bolt.gif
    bolt.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
apologies have another question

Links again lol
how do I put multiple links up on one thread, without going backwards and forwards having to edit the thread each time