Help with bathroom problems

goodtotalkC

May 2, 2015
Can anyone help me with my OH need to visit the bathroom ( sometimes with little misses-problems) many times through the night please? Is it mainly anxiety...... as sometimes its only once.(duh!) I just dont know. Just about to take a holiday together and dreading sorting out hotel bathroom etc. Pads dont help as gets confused when removing pants etc as the need arises. any tips gratefully received. I already mark the toilet lid with big arrow pointing at the porcelain ( as they say) but is just a symptom of the dreaded disease .

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Morning, goodtotalk.
Will he not keep the pads on? I mean, that's what they're there for, to get wet! Especially as he's only doing little bits. Would he use a urine bottle? It worked a while for OH and he was happy to use it. When you're at home, a commode? Closer than loo, so might have time to get ready.
I must admit OH, during the day often had little spills here and there and the floor was regularly scrubbed. If it smells, use a spray designed for pets, that worked for me.
The other thing is that is there a prostate problem? May be as well getting him checked out by GP. I took OH to continence nurse when he was bad following hospital stay and she suggested no coffee after 18:00 and that worked a treat until dementia took over.

Cheers and enjoy your holiday!

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Malc, I know this might work, but not with my OH. Even then ( he's now in a home) he wouldn't read any notice at all!

malc

Aug 15, 2012
north east lincolnshire
no a memo minder is a motion activated sensor and you put a recording on it ie have you locked the door or i'm only outside or you've had your tea etc.i've got 2 of them,1 in the bedroom and 1 for holidays saying we're on holiday at butlins and don't forget it's no smoking.their on ebay.

Last edited:

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
I haven't heard of those Malc, sounds like it might be helpful Thank you. Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

windflower

Jun 7, 2015
incontinence

our memo minder is worth it's wait in gold and helps more than anybody could imagine,not expensive either.

what is a memo reminder, what does it do and from where does one buy one
many thanks
windflower

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Malc has explained above what it is. You might get it for free through your council's telecare department. We did.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
First priority is a visit to the GP. The night-time frequency could be down to a prostate problem or he could have a UTI. Yes, men can get them too and frequency can be the main symptom.

'Missing' is a difficult one but if it's possible to train him to sit down to wee (I know - habit of a lifetime) that's the best solution.