Help with ‘best bed’

Lady M

Sep 15, 2018
Essex
morning all!
Has anyone any experience of advice about a suitable bed! Yes I know I should be asking an O/T but we are nine weeks since OH home from hospital and despite chasing from both myself and the GP the promised home visits have not materialised.
IN short OH is very weak and has difficulty in raising from lying to sitting up, then difficulty standing.
at present has a small bed guard , fitted my our son, months ago, this is now not enough.
Three recent falls from side of bed, paramedics called each time, ( unbelievable no serious injury ]
An electric bed that assists with raising up appears the way forward but I am unsure as to what would be best!!!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @Lady M

Social Services will arrange for a hospital bed to be loaned to you. If you contact them and stress the urgency you may be able to hurry the assessment.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
If money is no object Theraposture have a bed like an adjustable but the top electrically turns to form a chair that rises to the feet. I am running late. But the name should find the firm. X
P.S they also have a bed similar to a cot with a fully risable side.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
You have two issues- 1) the falling out, and 2) the getting up and out.

if you do end up with an electric raiser bed, make sure you leave it as low as it can go when he is in it. A crash mat might then be the answer to falling out