Help Team?

Memori

Sep 22, 2006
Mum has a meeting arranged with her cpn and her Social Worker Team, I am not sure how this team differs from the one social worker, is this Country wide or a new thing? I am dreading this meeting as something has to be done as her condition is getting worse, there are only so many options and I dont like any of them, I dont want her pushed into something she will hate, I know they are only there to help but it dosent feel like that, how can I make this go as smoothly as possible for us all? can I say no we will manage without you thank you, until one of us cant go on coping, and will they be able to arrange a carers assessment for me?:confused:

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Memori

I don't know where you are, but if you're in Scotland, yes, it's a comparatively new thing.

There's a new set of government guidelines for integrated care pathways in mental health -- in effect, all care agencies have to work together for the good of the patient.

Each PCT has a panel working on how to implement the guidelines in their area. I'm on our local panel, and it's an excellent scheme. It means people shouldn't be able to drop through the net.

If this is what it is, there's nothing to be afraid of, it's in your mum's best interests.

Of course, it could be something else altogether. Hopefully someone else will advise.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Mum has a meeting arranged with her cpn and her Social Worker Team, I am not sure how this team differs from the one social worker,

The CPN , would be a great help to you for advice in how to handle any challenging behavior you may have with your mother .

Don't feel threaten by them , CPN only they to help you cope with your mother, if you have any

question write them down . any thing that worrying you in how to help you mother , write it all down so you can ask him/ her the
questions . your in control not them , as you are your mother Main carer.

They can't make you or force you to do anything, that you don't feel that would befit your mother or yourself

how can I make this go as smoothly as possible for us all? can I say no we will manage without you thank you, until one of us cant go on coping, and will they be able to arrange a carers assessment for me?

You can say what you like , in saying that . but think clearly before saying that ! as you may be making a rod for your own back ( if you don't mind me saying , also
In expecting they help now it avoid getting to the stage you both can't cope , so better to forward plan, if they offering the services now . if only for your own mental physical health in the future . Just that I always thought I could do it all on my own . I could not . I know you may be different

Have you move in with your mother yet ?

Or has your mother moved in with you ?

From your last post , it does sound like your mother dementia progressing

So her needs are going to get higher on you , you do need to think of yourself to find time for you.

That's where SW can help you . Unless you may have other family to help you give you a break?

Last edited: