Help please

Sammybeckham

Dec 16, 2020
I am newly diagnosed with dementia, waiting for hospital tests
The first thing I did was look at the internet, I found pages of info, but none of it directly relevant to me
If the group can offer advice/support on what I can expect in the future, I will be most grateful

Thank you

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @Sammybeckham. Welcome to Dementia Talking Point. I hope you will find it so much more helpful than some of the stuff you read on the internet.

It really won`t be too helpful to dwell too much on what might happen in the future. Every dementia seems to progress at different rates.

You haven`t said if you have family support but practical issues are best sorted as soon as you can.

If you look at this list of Factsheets perhaps you will find one you feel will help you.

There are several members on the forum who do have dementia and I hope some will post to share their experuences.

john51

Apr 26, 2014
Dunstable, Bedfordshire
All of us are so very different. If you come here and share your trials and your successes, there is always someone to advise, give kind words or just to listen.
I was diagnosed in 2014 and am still pretty good. Others are not so lucky. However it affects you, do come and share here

Dunroamin

May 5, 2019
UK
Please do not despair. Another PWD here (person with dementia) I was diagnosed two years ago with Alzheimers. Carry on posting and let us know what you are struggling with. There are many on these forums who can help. We can help with the obvious (mainly legal) steps you need to make for the immediate future. Sadly for all of us there is no known defined path for what the future holds.