Help please! What are our rights re hospital?

AlsoConfused

Sep 17, 2010
I wonder whether this SW has acted well outside the authority he's been given? Maybe he's not a qualified Social Worker (who ought to understand issues like safe discharge requirements) but only a Social Work Assistant who's received very little training?

So glad you stood your ground. Please insist on the hospital providing you with an adequate nursing needs assessment and care plan before you allow your Mum to be discharged.

lacey1962

Jan 9, 2016
Crawley
broken hip

Hi,
When my mum broke her hip aged 86 I refused to have her back home until she could easily manage my stairs for bed and washing etc.
They had no choice but to keep her until the physios had got her mobile. She stayed in for about 2 to 3 weeks.:)

care2share

Jun 14, 2015
London
I've just emailed our local MP and asked for her intervention. I'm so angry over it all I really really am. Lets see if she can/will help! I won't let this drop, its the papers next!!

In any case, the respite home would have to have gone along to see whether they can meet her needs, which evidently they can't, because they couldn't meet them before, let alone now.