Help please..mum in pain

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
Thankyou for reply..and yes totally agree with you..mum cant ask for pain relief..she was actually only on 15mg but but upped to 30 mg last week..xxx

silkiest

Feb 9, 2017
A week is more than enough time to see if a dose increase works. ask for another review, just bear in mind the side effects of increased meds - constipation and drowsiness - may need help with constipation such as lactulose.

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
Hi..i got meeting at 12 today with gp..my brother is coming with me..had no sleep at all as wondering what he will say..i been through every step of this journey with mum..and yet somehow i feels so so nervous today.!!

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
Hi got meeting at 12..i been on every step off this journey with mum..yet i feel so so nervous today..feel like even that we know she end off life..this is finally coming to a close..feel physical sick!!

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
Well after starting the day with a feeling off doom!!..so worried about what doctor would say!!..no sleep..feeling ill!..i went to mums!!..you could off knocked me down with a feather!..mum is in bed..all brighted eyed and bushy tailed!!..smiling away( mums been more unless semi comatose for day)..actually talking ..when i asked her how she was she said she always fine!!..doctor came and he started to laugh a little!!..outcome now..codiene stopped oromorph to be given 2 times daily as well as paracetamol. Myself and my brother were gobsmacked to see mum today..its like she was proving a point!!..still strong and not going anywhere!!..world of demenetia!!.x i think i will be dead before mum..as i am like a nervous wreck!!.ha ha.!!.cxxx

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
Hi..had mum reviewed on Wednesday...she been fairly settled till yesterday..mum was in horrendous pain cares couldnt give more pain relief as orormorph was pxd morning and night..cares phoned D/N who then said that as mum is still drinking they would not come out..and oral pain can be upped..advised to phone out hours gp..this was at 15.30..and gp didnt arrive till 22.40!!!...i am absolutely disgraced with D/N..as all end of life medication is pxd!!!!!..dignity there was no dignity for my mum yesterday who was left in pain!!..needless to say i will be complaining !!!

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Mum had this roller coaster up and downing too. 3 times I was told that mum was at end of life and would not recover, only for her to bounce back! I have thins from other members too, so it would seem to be more common than you would think.

Have you got a "just in case box" prescribed?

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
Hi thanks for reply..just all those medication is been put in place 6 months ago..only used a few times...but yesterday was a whole new ball game!!!D/N refusing to see mum as she had been having her thicken fliuds!!!..so up oral pain relief!!!!..what has upset me more is that there was actually 2 D/N in mums home with another patient..yet they refused to see mum!!!@..really cant get my head around it !!.roller coaster is an understatement ..its been so so long now..i look at mum and it breaks my heart.i am finding it really over whelming!!.x brother with mum now and she settled as she had adequate pain relief!!..thank you for reply.xx

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
No..i will ring up D/N manager tomorrow. As i find this totally unacceptable..i am more shocked and disgusted that the D/N didnt even see mum..thankfully out off hours gp was very nice..now ormorph can be given 2 hourly if needed..plus medication liquid form for agitation. Thanks so much for reply..the whole situation is so heartbreaking..feel helpless looking at my poor mum.so so sad.x

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
It never fails to baffle me why medical professionals worry far more about any possible risks or litigation when a person is at end stage fast deteriorating phase of a progressive illness in giving as much pain relief as is needed to bring comfort :( Caution..risk...lack of sensible humanity...seems misplaced when the patient is so obviously distressed. If able to speak up for themselves...they would want I am sure to be given max dose continuously to be kept pain free. Keep battling Baby Bunty...you are doing a great job for your mum

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
Hi all..i am lying here in bed..and i feel like i am struggling to cope..i feel overwhelmed with emotion..i miss my beautiful mum..yet she is still her..i just wish i knew how long it will be..all family are living on are nervous..we are so luck to have such a wonderful mum..yet i feel like now its time for mum to be at peace!..to see mum weighing nothing..is so so stick thin..lying in bed..unable to move..being giving drinks..odd spoon ful of yoghurts!! is just breaking our hearts.totally soul destroying .hate what dementia as done to my mum..thankfully now pain is under controll.xxx

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
Thankyou.x going to complain to district nurse manager tomorrow..and that alone is making me nervous.xx

Baby Bunty

Jan 24, 2018
Hi all..just a little update..spoke to disrict nurse manager yesterday..i expressed my concerns about d/n not assessing mum on saturday..i got quiet emotional on the phone..i asked if a plan can be put in place to ensure this doesnt happen agian!!.she was lovely and said she will personally investigate what happened on Saturday..and she will liase with mums gp...so today got a phone call from home..mum is to be commenced on a slow realsing morphine patch..and also prn drugs are aviable..so glad they have listened to us .x ps i would also like to say a big thankyou for all your replys..it makes me feel better thankyou agian.xxxx

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
well done for speaking up @Baby Bunty, it's really good that you've been listened to and action has been taken
your mum would be proud of you standing up for her
I hope you both have a good night