Help our campaign for better quality care

Vicki

Feb 21, 2005
Hello

Next month the Society will launch a new campaign aimed at ensuring people with dementia and their carers have access to good quality care. As part of this campaign, we want to raise the profile of the role that social care plays in supporting people with dementia and their carers. Please help us to ensure our campaign is a big success.

We are asking people with dementia and their carers to share their experiences of social care to help us build our campaign for better quality dementia care.

We will gather all the information we collect and send it to MPs and Assembly Members to tell them what a huge difference social care makes to people with dementia and their carers. It will also be used to inform our campaigning and policy work on quality care.

More information about the campaign can be found on the Alzheimer's Society website. Please see link:

http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/News_and_Campaigns/Campaigning/betterqualitycare.htm

You can submit your experiences by visiting the website, or alternatively kick off a debate here on Talking point.

Here are some examples of people talking about the benefits of social care:

‘I get help at home. Care staff bathe my husband four times a week. They also help me to get him out of bed. This help is invaluable.’ (Carer)

‘Louise (care worker) goes with me once a week to different places like exhibitions. She makes me feel important and special. We always do something different.’ (Person with dementia)

What do you think???

Please tell us your story:
What is your experience of social care services?
How have these services benefited you or your partner/ relative or friend?
Do you agree that social care needs to be made a higher government priority?

Thank you for your help. Please spread the word about the campaign too!

Vicki Combe
Campaigns team
Alzheimer's Society