Help now please . OH doesnt know who I am.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Oh Mindy this disease is a b------, but learning to 'go with the flow', whilst being a hard lesson to learn, does make life easier. I well remember being directed in the car and seeing parts of the countryside I would not otherwise have ventured into, satnav to hand so we could eventually get home! Now I'd like those days to return and perhaps I will be able to take Bernard out again one day. Thinking about you. xxxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

dmr

Dec 16, 2015
Ceredigion
Thank you all for your comments for I no longer feel so alone when my wife cannot recognise me. It is very hard after 42 years to be told you are not her husband. There seems to be no pattern being recognised some days and not on others. The hardest part I have found is trying to "play along" as "the other David".

Nothing prepares you for the sense of rejection when all the children are recognised but you are not. I now just grit my teeth and soldier on.

June the spoon

Oct 18, 2015
Hello Mindy1 my hubby didn't know who l was, he talked to me about his wife, and how wonderful she was, but he didn't recognise me, he would get very upset because he wondered where l was, l could not convince him that l was his wife.
Now my hubby is in a CH he knows who l am, how strange is that, always says l am so pleased to see you, it is hard when l go home as he wants to come with me. Alzheimers is such an awful disease, it robs us of our loved ones

Yes Pamann, it is the most awful disease my husband just asked me how many children I had when I said twins boy and girl he said aw lovely

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Hello June the spoon, my hubby asked me am l married, and do l have any children, this was a year ago, he is now in a CH. I could no longer look after him, feeling sad now that it is Christmas without him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson