HELP: Notice served by nursing home.

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by Maggie42, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Maggie42

Maggie42 Registered User

Mar 7, 2011
    East Midlands
    Hi everyone,
    Can anyone please private message me if they have any suggestions as to a nursing home in Lincolnshire or Yorkshire that could take someone with challenging behaviour, supported by 1:1 care?
    This is really urgent and I would be so grateful for any advice.
    Thanks
    Mags

2. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    I do hope you find somewhere Maggie. What a worry for you :rolleyes:

3. Casbow

Casbow Registered User

Sep 3, 2013
    Colchester
    Maggie42

I do hope you can find somewhere and get help. I still don't have any daycare for my husband apart from crossroads (which is very good for 2 hours a week) but I think that works because he is still in our home. Basically I cannot go out of sight, not even to go to the loo. When he has been in a daycare place they say he is too disruptive. We discussed 1 to 1 care but they didn,t think they could spare the staff.! Well I say "Welcome to my world." ....... Keep looking, and I hope you find somewhere soon. Good luck.x

4. fizzie

fizzie Registered User

Jul 20, 2011
    This is probably not useful but I just wondered if you had thought of a live in carer?
    Surely your local authority can give you a list of appropriate homes in the area - have you phoned the social services adult care duty desk and explained the situation to them?

5. malc

malc Registered User

ring cqc or the council,i know there's a suitable home in the grimsby area,a woman i know,her mother was in one,she was violent with dementia,just don't know the name of it.

6. Maggie42

Maggie42 Registered User

Mar 7, 2011
    East Midlands
    Thanks for replies, he remains far too poorly to discharge from hospital, so still have a bit of time to find somewhere..
    Mags