Help Needed

susie Q

Dec 28, 2005
Leicester
Hi there haven`t posted for a while- I suppose life with Mum was ticking over and the antidepressants were helping. They do not seem to be helping as much now and this weekend my family are away- I did not tell Mum as "changes" can affect her! She must have sixth sense as she has been ringing me constantly. Sometimes I just say that I am going home for a while and as I pull into the drive the phone is ringing. When the GP saw my Mum she appeared to be completely "with it". Anyway my Mum (87) is also partially sighted and keeps pressing her lifeline button..they then phone me. As it should be for emergencies she pressed numerous times yesterday and again today, I feel that they are getting cross. Can anyone suggest a "paging device" that she could just press to get me? She cannot see and it would need to be one simple button- it really helps to have people like you all to support. I am contacting the GP tomorrow as I am exhausted. Susie

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I know very little about this but I think BT have a system for disabled to be able to telephone a carer (I think it may be to do with a bracelet to be worn and pressed if needed) - a friend of ours set it up for his wife with Parkinsons so that he can happily leave her for a few hours. It may be worth phoning them. BeckyJan

susie Q

Dec 28, 2005
Leicester
Thanks

I will try BT BeckyJan- thank you very much!! :eek:

BeckyJan said:
I know very little about this but I think BT have a system for disabled to be able to telephone a carer (I think it may be to do with a bracelet to be worn and pressed if needed) - a friend of ours set it up for his wife with Parkinsons so that he can happily leave her for a few hours. It may be worth phoning them. BeckyJan

susie Q

Dec 28, 2005
Leicester
Aid call

Thanks very much Norman. My mum already has "Lifeline" which is similar to this but she keeps pressing it when she really wants to contact me. The careline people are very understanding but 4-5 times a day (often more) is becoming embarrassing! So I wanted a buzzer/pager rather than the phone. Poor eyesight combined with dementia means that she finds telephones difficult. Thanks again I will contact BT tomorrow! Thanks for listening. Good to know we are not alone.

Norman said:
Susie o
Try this site it may be what you are looking for
Regards
Norman

http://www.aidcall-alarms.co.uk/request_brochure.htm