Help needed - Carer wanted

davish100

Oct 6, 2014
Epping
Hi

This is the first time I have posted on this forum but do read the various comments from time to time.

I need to try and find a private carer to help my step-father with looking after my lovely Mum. To start with only a few hours per week until rapport has been built up. This week I have endlessly beeing looking for carers in her local area (Leiston, Suffolk) but nobody has availability at present.

My Mum is currently being tested for dementia (we know she has got it even though she is convinced that everything is fine) but the whole process is so emotionally draining for the whole family.

My step-father is feeling totally suffocated and we just need a some amount of help to start off with. My sister, brother and I live so far away from them and obviously help so much as I can.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Rodelinda

Jun 15, 2015
Suffolk
Hi Davish, have you talked to Suffolk Family Carers (01473 835477) http://suffolkfamilycarers.org/. They may have other thoughts and directions for you locally. You've probably already been in touch with Age UK in Suffolk (01473 257039); I'm assuming you have talked to Social Services as I'd have thought that would be a useful start in terms of assessing what support your step-father and mother need. . Good luck with your search

sistermillicent

Jan 30, 2009
try the parish magazines, also try the "streetlife" website for your area, post on there and ask if anyone knows a carer or organisation or has any ideas. (often it is about lost dogs and cats and recommendations for builders but I have found a lot of help for my daughter with coeliac disease on it so it can be great)