Help I'm lost and afraid.

Teddylover

Dec 2, 2014
My grandad and my uncle both had dementia, I watched both of them slowly but surely slip away from me. My GP has referred me to the memory clinic but has not really told me what's going on except that there is something going on. She did a few general memory tests then took some blood. Asked my husband questions about me and said I was to be referred to the memory clinic. I feel like I'm going out of my mind trying to remember simple things but complex stuff I'm ok with. I just don't know what's happening. I don't know what to do.

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
I cant imagine how your feeling but there can be other medical reasons for your symptoms. Let your doctor check it out. Many people have symptoms that turn out to be stress or vitamin deficiency. I had this and it was fixed with medication. We are all crossing our fingers.

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
We all suffer from forgetting things as we get older. This does not mean that you are suffering from dementia.

Having a diagnosis of what is causing any problems you have is the first step.

If you are diagnosed with some form of dementia then again this does not mean that you are going ga ga but that you probably have many good years in front of you to enjoy. And I do mean enjoy.

Enjoy every day and if you have problems with the day, try to have some fun as well as the problems.

Please do go and get this sorted out for your own peace of mind. A diagnosis of dementia does not mean that your life is over, but changed somewhat, a fact that many illnesses bring into daily life.

xxTinaT

Last edited: