Help - I need some advice about Care Home

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by rowtalk, Oct 12, 2015.

1. rowtalk

rowtalk Registered User

Jun 13, 2014
    Hi
    My dad is 89 he is in a Nursing home self funding and not really being looked after very well, he has VD, lots of issues with his eyes can not see very well at all, he has very bad hearing and is waiting for a hearing test as he needs new hearing aids as he has lost his other ones, he has arthritis. His VD has increased rapidly over the last 6 moths with reoccurring water infections, he has had several falls, and he has lost a lot of weight. I have now found out that his Care Home had an inspection at beginning of July and the overall rating is Inadequate, they are on special measures and have been given 6 months to turn it around, I am at my wits end and not sure where to turn first???

2. Bod

Bod Registered User

Aug 30, 2013
    What are the home doing or going to do to turn their situation around?
    Will that be enough to give him the level of care required?
    Failing all else, move him.

Bod