I AM NEW TO TP
and i am so glad i found it
But i am like you all finding it so hard
DO I TRY TO HARD TO MAKE HUBBY FEEL GOOD ABOUT HIMSELF ---SORRY
LOVE BEL X

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Bel,
How are you doing? It must be so hard for those of you who are caring for a partner 24/7. All you can do is your best. You cannot make your husband happy all the time, you cannnot take away his confusion and anxiety. You can be aongside him, and do your best to let him know that he is still loved and valued.
Have you had a bad day today?
Best wishes, love, Amy

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Bel
i hope you are ok....There is absolutely NO need to say sorry....you are doing your best but you MUST NOT run yourself into the ground.....I'm really with you as are so many others
Take care
Wendy
x

May

Oct 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Hi Bel
Sorry you're having such a difficult time. Come back and share your story with us if you can, as the old ad used to say, 'It's good to talk' and TP'ers are great at supporting and spreading the loads we all carry.....
Take care

DickG

Feb 26, 2006
Stow-on-the-Wold
Hi Bel

Life is a bitch when you are caring 24/7. I am sure that like the rest of us you are doing your best, no one can ask more of you. Yes sometime we all try too hard and often the harder we try the worse thing become. Love yourself a little and do not be too hard on yourself.

Hugs

Dick

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
hi bel

i'm glad you found TP. it's a good place to be when you're struggling with stuff like this. don't apologise for how you're feeling ..... most of us have been there and most of us will be back there at some point :(

hope you call back and let us know a little more about what's happening.

best wishes

Áine

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
I Am Desperate

Thanks to every one
for there kind words it does help to know you are not alone and i know there are a lot more people here a lot worse than me
I need to feel i am giving back as much as i am getting from tp
I KNOW ITS WRONG
TAKING IS NOT WHAT I AM USED TO
so if there is any one with silly problems i am here :)
love Bel x

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Bel, of course you are giving back to TP.

I am sure whenever we post a 'problem', someone out there thinks "thank goodness I am not alone".

Join in whenever you feel like it, no pressure. Good to have you around.

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
bel said:
TAKING IS NOT WHAT I AM USED TO

ah ..... it comes with practice bel :) ....... and I'm guessing from the little you've said that your hubby is having to learn that lesson too. perhaps your learning to feel OK about receiving care will help him to feel better about his need to accept care too??

when i get hung up about taking/ asking for/ receving help, I think about the pleasure I get from helping others. don't deprive those around you of the pleasure of giving ...... it all evens out in the end :)

that's not to say that I don't agree with connie ........ just being here is giving something back.

best wishes

Áine

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanpotts