Help for youngsters


Registered User
Aug 18, 2006
Does anyone know where my 16 year old son can get some support/counselling. He still hasn;t anywhere near got over the death of his Grandad in April 2005. Now we have moved in with my Mum he is finding it hard accepteing some of the things she says and does (she cen never remember my brothers name and my son is terrified he will forget him too) any suggestions welcome. I have told hm about this website and Dementia Trust and left it in his hands at the moment.


Registered User
Jun 27, 2006
Have you thought about childline (0800 1111)?

The trouble is, will he call them? I have a 17 year old boy, and I know how difficult it can be to get them to talk about things.



Registered User
Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
If your son is at school or college, they will have access to counsellors he can talk to. He is grieving both for his Grandad and the gradual loss of your Mum as well.

Cruse are excellent too, look up your local one and ring to see what they can do.

If your son has a best friend maybe you could have a word with them about your worries? Teenagers can be really mature when it matters most.