Help for me as carer

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
I find that my husband is incredibly tolerant of others in his day centre and in turn they put up with him and indeed like him. His memory is nil so they are all strangers ina sort of Groundhog experience and he hasn’t remembered a name in years. They greet him by name and joke with him. I am a fairly fit active 74 year old but he is happy to sit with elderly ladies and men and chat away.
Thats good to know marionq and comforting for you too.

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
Hello tryingmybest
You seem to have found a very good home for respite. That must be very reassuring. When my mum went into a carehome, she only had very mild dementia and many of the other residents were a lot worse than her - I dreaded her noticing this & was quite prepared for her to voice her dislike(I felt bad enough that she had to go permanently into the home) but I have to say, she didn’t appear bothered at all & didn’t bother her the whole time she was there. I think she enjoyed ‘people watching’ and the activities going on, she really did enjoy her time there. Anyway, I can understand how you feel but your mum will be well looked after, I hope you get a nice break soon - you deserve it
Thank you Ducky601 for that. It does seem nice and my friend put her Aunt there when she couldn't live at home anymore and she said she couldn't find fault with the care or anything at all there. So that's reassuring.