Help. Desperate and in despair and I do not know what to do

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
Mum has been getting crazier gradually over the last 72 hours. She's barely slept, is agitated and has more energy than I've ever know her to have. I've had hardly any sleep cos of this, she's hallucinating and is wrecking the entire house. I popped out to get her dinner and when I came back she had pooped on the stairs and was ranting and jabbering nonsense. I've locked myself in the kitchen while she continues to drag things around the living room. How I going to get through the night?

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
If you are concerned for your or her safety you need to call the police. They can section her and in hospital they can check her medication is the right one for her hallucinations. She might also just have an infection but in the state she is, she needs proper help. Don't delay. Call them now.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I agree with Beate. You need to seek help now. It may well be a urine infection as they play havoc with someone who has dementia. Please phone the emergency medical number and ask for help.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Get emergency medical help, UTI's under normal circumstances can be terrible, but for a person with Dementia they can be horrendous.

Sad Misty

Jun 8, 2015
Get help

Hello i have to say i do agree with the other previous replies from what i can read it is of utmost urgency that you emidietly get help fore you're mum dear. both fore her sake as well as fore you're own dear , i dont know what the options are over there but over here if my mum started to go that way now she would emidietly get placed in a proper dementia home dear lives in her own home

Short answer you have to get help now dear as this is not going to work fore ether you or you're mum believe me i know and understand you want to help but in this case it sounds like things have gone to far As is without checking the med`s etc.... which you defenetly should call the docs to check her out asap

driving you're self to the wall like you obviously are doing now (im the same so i know ) is not going to benefit ether you or you're mum dear ,you have to be able to take the step of asking fore help when the time is right dear and believe me now is the right time

Last edited:

flossielime

May 8, 2014
I think it is time to call 999. Is she taking anything like lorazepam? It sounds like she needs medical intervention.

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
get help.urgently

Mum has been getting crazier gradually over the last 72 hours. She's barely slept, is agitated and has more energy than I've ever know her to have. I've had hardly any sleep cos of this, she's hallucinating and is wrecking the entire house. I popped out to get her dinner and when I came back she had pooped on the stairs and was ranting and jabbering nonsense. I've locked myself in the kitchen while she continues to drag things around the living room. How I going to get through the night?

Hi I was in similar situation a couple of weeks ago and wish I had got help right away get yourself out of danger as I ended up getting quite badly hurt she obviously needs help.and so do you hugs from Nannylondon x

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
Thanks to all who replied. A couple of doctors came out after I called 111. They have arranged for an ambulance to come and take her to hospital tonight so they can investigate what could be causing it and to give me a day or two break. She's calm now but it will escalate in the early hours again and I refuse to deal with it for a third night in a row. My job is already in jeopardy because of all of this but that's another story...will update you when I know more. Thanks again guys...you are all wonderful x

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
Been waiting over 2 hours for ambulance. Banging headache, just want to shut my eyes and not wake up living hell is the only way to describe it

fredsnail

Dec 21, 2008
Just wanted to say hang on - if it doesn't come soon ring 999 and it will be treated as an emergency.

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Hang on in there Kazza. If an ambulance doesn't come soon, you must dial 999 - please!

Sending you (((hugs))) though I know you need so much more.

Take care :)

Lindy xx

SarahL

Dec 1, 2012
How's your Mum now? I hope the emergency services were able to help your Mum and give you support. Have you had any reasons as to why things escalated so badly? Sending you hugs, I've been through troubled times too, it's completely depleting of everything but I always found the tiniest shred of inner strength from somewhere. x

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Kazza did they take mum to hospital? How are you this morning? You have got to protect yourself and mum as you can't go on like this! I know it's hard , difficult and upsetting but if you leave it, it can become dangerous to you both. Thinking of you xxxx

Kazza72

Feb 10, 2015
West London
I will phone the hospital to see how she is soon. Took me ages to get to sleep last night, I was so tense. I hope it's a UTI that's causing this, I can't handle it if this is how she is going to be, if that's the case I will be homeless, I don't think I can handle so much stress :( will keep you posted, feeling sick

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
I will phone the hospital to see how she is soon. Took me ages to get to sleep last night, I was so tense. I hope it's a UTI that's causing this, I can't handle it if this is how she is going to be, if that's the case I will be homeless, I don't think I can handle so much stress :( will keep you posted, feeling sick

Oh Kazza I'm hoping they will do an assessment on mum. Please get some more help as you can't keep on working and dealing with mum on your own ! My heart goes out to you . They can't make you homeless , they have to give you time to find somewhere or offer you alternative housing . Chin up things might take time but they will get sorted . Almighty hugs xxxx