Help, Dad's dementia is going to kill him and me

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Burford

You have had a very sad and stressful few months and have come through with glowing colours.
You have done everything possible in the best interests of your father and I only hope you will now be able to take care of yourself.
Love xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Burford....

It's good to hear that yesterday went well for you all, and hoping that today goes equally well.

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Burf

I'm so glad yesterday went well for you, and you managed to read your poem. Your dad would have been so proud of you and your brother. Even the sun shone for you all.:)

I hope today goes as well.

Thinking of you,

Love,

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
I too am pleased that everything went well yesterday, and as planned and am touched you had one of our midst to bring our care to you. After today, you need a rest......thinking of you today, x

BarryW

Jun 5, 2009
Lincolnshire
No one can really say enough in times of loss, wether it is a sweet release from life for those who are ailing or not. The same may be said for those who survive. We are, all of us going to shuffle off this mortal coil this vanity called life but it is our surviving loved ones who keep us alive in their hearts for eternity.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,Moves on:
(quote from the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam)

burfordthecat

Jan 9, 2008
Leicestershire
Dad is now, re-united once again with Mum

Today, my lovely dad made it back home again. He now is back in the village he loved, interned into the church graveyard and re-united with Mum, after 20 years separation.

I just want to say thank-you to each and everyone of you for walking this path with me. Your support, advice and care have been tremendous.

This will be my last post on this thread. I want to wish everyone on TP the strength, courage and determination to deal with all things which dementia can throw at us. Maybe, one day, there will be a cure and families will be spared our experiences.