help Dad needs tracking device

geniemax

Oct 30, 2015
Please can anyone recommend a tracking device for my dad he goes out on the bus every day no matter what the weather is like. He has had one worrying incident and now its time to track him because although he usually keeps to a familiar route he is now going places and has completely forgotten where he has been ie according to his bus ticket I found in his pocket he had been to Blackpool but he could not remember by teatime and when asked he said he'd been to Preston which means he could quite easily get lost I have a smart phone dads got an easy using emergency phone but I need a key ring or some sort of device I can put in his pocket to link in with my phone just so I know where he is when I am at work just in case of emergency ie he could lose his way or be out in late .I try to encourage him to be home before dark and today he is to trial a daycare but I need something pretty quick like next week maybe someone out there has used such a device or knows where I might get one . Thankyou.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I went online and just searched GPS tracker. I got a company in Devon which charged just under £200. They are quick to answer emails if anything goes wrong and to replace or repair if there is a problem. You send a text to the tracker and it responds with coordinates which work perfectly on google maps. My daughter gets perfect results on her smart phone but I have an ordinary phone so have to put the coordinates onto my iPad to get an exact location.

I have been well pleased with it after initial teething troubles. It should work perfectly every time.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Have you tried telecare? We got a Buddi tracker for free. Social Services referred us.

geniemax

Oct 30, 2015
Have you tried telecare? We got a Buddi tracker for free. Social Services referred us.

Thankyou I will be checking them out .P.S dads trial at day care went very well and he is to go once a week so that's a positive

geniemax

Oct 30, 2015
Thankyou I now realise there are others in similar situations and searching for such devices its comforting to be given advise to look at the options out there

geniemax

Oct 30, 2015
I went online and just searched GPS tracker. I got a company in Devon which charged just under £200. They are quick to answer emails if anything goes wrong and to replace or repair if there is a problem. You send a text to the tracker and it responds with coordinates which work perfectly on google maps. My daughter gets perfect results on her smart phone but I have an ordinary phone so have to put the coordinates onto my iPad to get an exact location.

I have been well pleased with it after initial teething troubles. It should work perfectly every time.

Thankyou I think I found it looks just the kind of device we need and its on its way to us