Help Addenbrooke score worrys

ARP

Oct 10, 2020
I have scored 56 on the Addenbrooke test and waiting for a ct scan. I’m only 48 years old and I’m scared can anyone help?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @ARP. Welcome to Demetial Talking Point. I`m glad you`ve found it now although very sorry you need it.

I don`t know anything about the Addenbrooke test. My husband had a different test, the MMSE test and he scored 23.

I`m sure you will get the best advice and support once the doctors have the results of your scan.

There may be others here who know more than I do but we will all understand your fear and can only hope for the best for you.

ARP

Oct 10, 2020
Oh Thank You for your reply it’s kind x as far as the test goes 88+ is normal so 56 is not good so now I’ve started worrying which is always self defeating. I hope you’re husband is ok and Thank You for the reply x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
You`re bound to worry. It`s only natural and very understandable. I hope when you havehad the scan and talk to your doctors they will be able to give you some reassurance.

ARP

Oct 10, 2020
I’ve got to go for a CT scan to see what’s going on x I’ve already been diagnosed with iscemic vascular disease which can lead to dementia but I thought it meant when I was old not in my 40’s lol bring on the ct at least I will have some answers ?

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I hope you get your CT scan soon @ARP. I’m glad you’re sharing here and I hope it helps.

ARP

Oct 10, 2020
I hope you get your CT scan soon @ARP. I’m glad you’re sharing here and I hope it helps.
It does help thank you I don’t know what’s happened to be but the last ten ish years I’ve had 29 different diagnoses of different conditions and although being ill all the time the one thing I always thought of was dementia and I tried to stretch my brain keeping it active studying thinking that would keep dementia at bay but I suppose if you’re going to get something nothing helps but people on here are an inspiration Thank You

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im sorry you have had so many different diagnoses that turned out to be wrong - the same thing has happened to my husband. I do hope that this scan leads to a proper diagnosis. Even if its not one that you would want, at least it will resolve the doubt.

ARP

Oct 10, 2020
Im sorry you have had so many different diagnoses that turned out to be wrong - the same thing has happened to my husband. I do hope that this scan leads to a proper diagnosis. Even if its not one that you would want, at least it will resolve the doubt.
Thank You that’s a very thoughtful reply.i guess it’s better to know correctly because you can work out your future etc I’m sorry your husband is in the same boat that makes me sad some people and there’s no telling to get it harder than others and you have to accept it x I’ve got a big dislike of doctors because some have treated me so badly and because I look well and speak well they say oh you’re not I’ll why don’t you get to work etc I just smile and keep going ?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Oh I do understand. Weve had people - including doctors - who have not believed OH or me because he looked well and passed the memory tests.

I think just smiling and carrying on is the best response
xx

ARP

Oct 10, 2020
Oh I do understand. Weve had people - including doctors - who have not believed OH or me because he looked well and passed the memory tests.

I think just smiling and carrying on is the best response
xx

I fail the memory test abismally but even then it’s hard x I’ve had a history of doctors not believing me until they run a test it’s because I have a mental illness and it clouds their judgement I’ve just checked what I wrote earlier sorry if I repeated myself xx

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
It doesnt matter if you repeat yourself, I think I do it all the time, so there is no need to apologise.
Yes, if youve got a pre-existing condition, doctors have a tendency to focus on that. I do hope you get some answers soon (I think Ive already said that!)

ARP

Oct 10, 2020
It doesnt matter if you repeat yourself, I think I do it all the time, so there is no need to apologise.
Yes, if youve got a pre-existing condition, doctors have a tendency to focus on that. I do hope you get some answers soon (I think Ive already said that!)
Well they have to choose one first but I’m not being grumpy but the always choose my mental health out. I’ve got gaps in my mouth I hope he Hurrays but still keep his skill haha xx

ARP

Oct 10, 2020
Well they have to choose one first but I’m not being grumpy but the always choose my mental health out. I’ve got gaps in my mouth I hope he Hurrays but still keep his skill haha xx
Im ever so sorry you know that last message makes no sense! I don’t know what is going on with me? Anyway I think what I meant was that doctors always look at my mental health before they consider any other diagnoses and I’ve been stable a long time so that is frustrating and the second part must have meant to say I’m having a lot of dental work done after having malnutrition and I’ve afew gaps at the mo but they are making me dentures and again I’m sorry about that xx