Hello

Di*

Sep 25, 2015
Cornwall
I hope this is the correct place to post a hello to you all.

I've just posted (or tried to post) a link to a dementia assistance card and received a message saying that I hadn't posted 10 posts so I couldn't post links ... Then I realised I hadn't posted a hello.

My hubby was diagnosed with Alzeheimers (Mild Dementia) early this year and we are busy trying to visit the local Memory Cafes and Support Groups near us and understand what is happening. A whirlwind!

I did visit the forum and then blanched at all the topics and amount of posts and ducked out pdq!!!! I really need to pop back in and read some of them.

We moved to be closer to our son three years ago and now I'm heartily glad we did it then.

beverrino

Jan 12, 2015

I've just posted (or tried to post) a link to a dementia assistance card and received a message saying that I hadn't posted 10 posts so I couldn't post links ... Then I realised I hadn't posted a hello.

My hubby was diagnosed with Alzeheimers (Mild Dementia) early this year and we are busy trying to visit the local Memory Cafes and Support Groups near us and understand what is happening. A whirlwind!

I did visit the forum and then blanched at all the topics and amount of posts and ducked out pdq!!!! I really need to pop back in and read some of them.

We moved to be closer to our son three years ago and now I'm heartily glad we did it then.

Welcome to TP Di. Its a wonderful community for support and just somewhere to talk and get support. I am sure you will find it all very helpful as I truly have (my mum has Alzheimers).
Everyone is at different stages on here, so don't be worried by some of the things you read - everybody is different. Take care and do keep posting :)

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Hello Di
Welcome to TP x
Lots of support on here.
As Beverrino says don't be put off, the search tool, top right is handy if you just want to look for something in particular. You will soon get used to it and us! and find your way around xxx

rhubarbtree

Jan 7, 2015
North West
Hello Di, Welcome on board. Like you we downsized two years ago when it was obvious something was wrong. At least some of the accumulated stuff was disposed of. It is good you are going along together to the cafes and clubs. We have to make the best life we can. Keep strong.

malomm

Mar 23, 2014
Campania Region, Italy
Hi Di, and a warm welcome from me too. Pretty sure you'll find TP as comforting, educating, and helpful as I have along the rocky road we all have to travel.
keep smiling,
malomm

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Hello Di*, welcome from me too. We moved just under a year ago to be near my daughter, although sadly my husband went into care three weeks ago it was a good move for both of us. TP is a wonderful resource and you should also visit the 'tea room' and Chick's 'positives' thread, it's not all doom and gloom by any means! Good luck on your dementia journey. xxxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire

Hi Di
Shortly after Mick was diagnosed I went on a CRIsP course run by the Alzheimer's society which I found very useful. We also went to a memory cafe but it was too soon for Mick as the others there were at much more advanced stages so we didn't go back.

We have just started attending again nearly 3 years later and it is a better fit.

I'm sure you've thought of things like Power of Attorney and attendance allowance etc. I am very glad we got things sorted in the early stages when everything was a bit easier.

Sorry you have had to join us on here but good to meet you. Best wishes to both x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Bootie 41

Nov 27, 2015
Shropshire
I might have dementia

Hi everyone I am new here I don't no if this is right page
I am seeing Dr this afternoon after having blood test, but also got a sick husband not dementia, but am terrified of outcome as my hubby beads me will let you know how I go on thank you for listening have not got anyone to talk to

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi Bootie 41
A warm welcome to TP - so now you have all of us to talk to, lots of good listener here, so chat away about anything you want to :)
I hope you get what you need from the Dr this afternoon - make sure they know that you look after your husband
and please, ask for help and support, you deserve them and have a right to both, for you yourself and for your husband
maybe make a list of the things you want to tell the DR and everything you want to ask - I know I tend to go a bit blank during appointments so usually make some notes beforehand, then I can at least hand them over to be read.
Best wishes

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Hi Bootie, so sorry you have this worry on top of having to look after your husband.

Glad you have found this place. Good advice from Shedrech, and so much support and information here.

I hope you get good news from your doctor but even if it is what you fear there are many people living well for years with dementia.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tori_75