1. Hollie k 13

Hollie k 13 Registered User

Aug 25, 2015
    Hello. I am new to this site so please excuse me if I post in the wrong thread.
    My hubby was told he had borderline dementia about 3 years ago. Things sort of stopped and his memory did not get worse. The question I have is he enjoys cooking but sometime he will put on the veg to cook at the same time he puts a chicken in to roast. Please no cooking answers so I think he has no conception of the time it takes to cook . Or has tunnel vision and only sees what's in front of him so if it's not in front of him he throws a wobbly saying someone's moved it but it's just to his left or right. I am wondering if he should go back to the memory clinic to be reassert.
    Many thanks for any replies

2. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    Hi Hollie :)

I would take him back.
    My dad's cooking abilities declined & it was one of the triggers that made me get him assessed.

3. Canadian Joanne

Canadian Joanne Volunteer Moderator

Apr 8, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I agree with Cat27, a reassessment would be good. Even with a diagnosis, I think regular reassessments are a good thing at the beginning of the illness.

4. Hollie k 13

Hollie k 13 Registered User

Aug 25, 2015
    Thanks Joanne