Hello

Clanger

Jul 19, 2015
I have just registered on the forum. My partners mother moved in with us about three months ago. I am struggling a bit and I think she is too.

JayGun

Jun 24, 2013
I bet you are lovely. My mother in law may be a trial but at least I get to relax when I leave and go home even though we're on call for her 24/7.

I know there are lots of other people here who have relatives living with them, but even though I don't I do sympathise. What's been happening?

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Hello Clanger and welcome to TP :)

Half asleep but just wanted to say hi and looking forward to seeing you posting

Love the name, by the way ;)

Lindy xx

Rodelinda

Jun 15, 2015
Suffolk
Welcome - you're not alone.

Just to say welcome. I'm new as well (only a month or so) and my 88 year old mother, with undiagnosed but acknowledged dementia has lived with us for nearly 4 years. She has deteriorated recently and like you and your MIL we're struggling a bit: behavioural changes, almost no memory and limited understanding. I'm learning a lot - especially from fellow forum members and just reading threads that are relevant is a great support. Following a recent hospital stay (my mother became severely dehydrated) we've been plugged into local support and that is also great. The main thing is learning that many people understand what we're facing and although it's new for us, someone has always coped with it and can both understand and say it's OK to be struggling, as it's tough. So post away and I'm sure people will help (probably not much from me as I'm learning to). All the best.

Long-Suffering

Jul 6, 2015
Hello and welcome.

You'll get lots of support on here. Just explain exactly what it is you are struggling with, and people will give you tips and advice.

LS

Demonica66

Oct 23, 2014
Hi Clanger
There is not one person on here that has not struggled at some point during this journey. Please know that we are here for you. D x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point