1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. Clanger

Clanger Registered User

Jul 19, 2015
    I have just registered on the forum. My partners mother moved in with us about three months ago. I am struggling a bit and I think she is too.

2. JayGun

JayGun Registered User

Jun 24, 2013
    I bet you are lovely. My mother in law may be a trial but at least I get to relax when I leave and go home even though we're on call for her 24/7.

I know there are lots of other people here who have relatives living with them, but even though I don't I do sympathise. What's been happening?

3. Lindy50

Lindy50 Registered User

Dec 11, 2013
    Cotswolds
    Hello Clanger and welcome to TP :)

Half asleep but just wanted to say hi and looking forward to seeing you posting

Love the name, by the way ;)

Lindy xx

4. Rodelinda

Rodelinda Registered User

Jun 15, 2015
    Suffolk
    Welcome - you're not alone.

Just to say welcome. I'm new as well (only a month or so) and my 88 year old mother, with undiagnosed but acknowledged dementia has lived with us for nearly 4 years. She has deteriorated recently and like you and your MIL we're struggling a bit: behavioural changes, almost no memory and limited understanding. I'm learning a lot - especially from fellow forum members and just reading threads that are relevant is a great support. Following a recent hospital stay (my mother became severely dehydrated) we've been plugged into local support and that is also great. The main thing is learning that many people understand what we're facing and although it's new for us, someone has always coped with it and can both understand and say it's OK to be struggling, as it's tough. So post away and I'm sure people will help (probably not much from me as I'm learning to). All the best.

5. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    Hello :)
    Keep posting here & you'll get lots of support & help.

6. Long-Suffering

Long-Suffering Registered User

Jul 6, 2015
    Hello and welcome.

You'll get lots of support on here. Just explain exactly what it is you are struggling with, and people will give you tips and advice.

LS

7. Demonica66

Demonica66 Registered User

Oct 23, 2014
    Hi Clanger
    There is not one person on here that has not struggled at some point during this journey. Please know that we are here for you. D x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point