Hello

Kangaroo

Jul 1, 2015
Norfolk
Just joined this forum. My mum has vascular dementia and her condition seems to be deteriorating. I know I am going to be facing some tough times ahead and hope I can find some friends on here who can help me to stay sane!

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Hello and welcome. I hope you find support here. I have found it invaluable and has helped me stay sane during hard times. My mum has vascular dementia also. It can have sudden drops in function due to deep brain strokes. Get help if youvdont already have it. You gp and social work are a good starting point. Everything takes avlong time so dont wait. Keep posting hete no matter how dark your thoughts. We are all on your side and we all understand. Nobody judges here. We all do our best everyday against all the odds. Its a great comfort to find others who understand. Love quilty

theunknown

Apr 17, 2015
Hello Kangaroo.

I've only been a member of this forum for a short time. The most important thing it's offered me is being able to accept what's happening to my mum, and separate the condition (which is undiagnosed) from my mum. It makes such a difference to know you're not alone, so just keep reading x

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hi Roo, welcome to TP
Pull up a chair and join the club, anything you want to say dive in:)
K

hisstessa2

Feb 19, 2015
USA
Just joined this forum. My mum has vascular dementia and her condition seems to be deteriorating. I know I am going to be facing some tough times ahead and hope I can find some friends on here who can help me to stay sane!

Hello back from the USA! I've been there. It's lonely. My mother had Alzhiemers and she was living with me. I cared for her for 4 years until I could no longer do it as she got to the need of 24 hour care. I had to place her in a private care facility for 2 years until she passed this April. During the time she lived with me, I lost all of my friends along with any outside stimulus, could not work and fell down the mental tube right along with her. It's been 2 years and I am still trying to regain my confidence and stamina.
You have found the right website to ask questions, rant and rave, or just cry. They were here for me, (3 years) as I am here for you too. A big plus (if there is such a thing) is once they pass a certain point, they are not aware of what is happening, only you are. I was lucky as my mother was a sweetheart until the day she died. Good luck Kangaroo. You have a friend.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tori_75