Hello

stu100

Feb 4, 2015
Birmingham
Hello my name is Stuart Iam 37 and I care for my nan who has got mixed tipe Dementia I have just joined. :)

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Hi Stuart, welcome to TP . Sorry your Nan has dementia. You will get a lot of support here.

Best wishes
Sue

stu100

Feb 4, 2015
Birmingham
Thanks

Thanks Sue Iam hopping to learn more and get some good tips from people who has been living with it.

Adcat

Jun 15, 2014
London
Hi Stuart,
My Dads got mixed dementia. He was diagnosed 5 months ago. TP is a huge source of support for me.
The advice I can currently offer is firstly to make sure someone has Power of Attorney in order to act in your Nans best interests. It's a nightmare otherwise.
Secondly, Always have a 'happy' :) face on. Even when your miserable,. Constant positive reassurance also helps because contentment is is important to make your life is easier. My dad contanantly wants to hold my hand and I'm sure behind it is an underlying anxiety of disorientation.
I thought I had a bit of insight into caring but I really had no idea, so keep in touch with TP and keep reading. Also, try and get breaks to re-energise and re-charge - something I need to do.
thats all from me for now
Take care.

stu100

Feb 4, 2015
Birmingham
Thank you I will use TP as a tool and it's better to tall to people who r going through the same thing.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point