1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. stu100

stu100 Registered User

Feb 4, 2015
    Birmingham
    Hello my name is Stuart Iam 37 and I care for my nan who has got mixed tipe Dementia I have just joined. :)

2. Sue J

Sue J Registered User

Dec 9, 2009
    Hi Stuart, welcome to TP . Sorry your Nan has dementia. You will get a lot of support here.

Best wishes
    Sue

3. stu100

stu100 Registered User

Feb 4, 2015
    Birmingham
    Thanks

Thanks Sue Iam hopping to learn more and get some good tips from people who has been living with it.

4. Adcat

Adcat Registered User

Jun 15, 2014
    London
    Hi Stuart,
    My Dads got mixed dementia. He was diagnosed 5 months ago. TP is a huge source of support for me.
    The advice I can currently offer is firstly to make sure someone has Power of Attorney in order to act in your Nans best interests. It's a nightmare otherwise.
    Secondly, Always have a 'happy' :) face on. Even when your miserable,. Constant positive reassurance also helps because contentment is is important to make your life is easier. My dad contanantly wants to hold my hand and I'm sure behind it is an underlying anxiety of disorientation.
    I thought I had a bit of insight into caring but I really had no idea, so keep in touch with TP and keep reading. Also, try and get breaks to re-energise and re-charge - something I need to do.
    thats all from me for now
    Take care.

5. stu100

stu100 Registered User

Feb 4, 2015
    Birmingham
    Thank you I will use TP as a tool and it's better to tall to people who r going through the same thing.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

6. Sue J

Sue J Registered User

Dec 9, 2009
    You've come to the right place for that Stuart:)