Hello

laura07

Feb 5, 2007
Hi,

I'm new here and just thought I'd introduce myself.

So glad I've found this site it looks very helpful and informative and people on the forums seem very nice, helpful and supportive.

My grandparents have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and things have been difficult lately for myself and my family, reading just some of the posts have made me realise that we're not the only ones going through this.

Best wishes, Laura

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Laura and welcome to Talking Point.
I`m sorry you and your family have both grandparents suffering Alzheimers, it must be very difficult for you all.
I hope you get the help you need here. There are so many different people with different stages of the condition.
Keep posting and let us know how you cope.
If you need any additional information, the Alzheimers Society has a lot of useful factsheets. If you click on the `i` in the top left hand corner of the screen , you will find them.
Take care, Sylvia

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hello Laura, warm welcome to you.

Please ask away if you have any particular problems. No one has all the answers, but we can always supply a sympathetic ear.

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Laura
I can only sympathise with you, I have both of my parents with dementia and it makes things more difficult, with two.
They are both different in their personality and the disease has effected them differently, so different problems for each of them.
Really sorry you have to go through this.
I know you will get support here on TP.
Alfjess

a_daughter

Jan 30, 2007
South Buckinghamshire
Hi Laura

I only found this site a week or so ago, and already it has been a great source of comfort, support and information.

Welcome, and keep posting. I am sure whatever problems you face, there will be someone here with advice and support.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976