Hello

Blacksheep

Nov 2, 2006
South East
Hello

I have been browsing the site and gaining encouragement and re-assurance from many of the posts.

My mum was diagnosed with Dementia this year. She does not accept that there is a problem, indeed seems unaware of any 'incidents' - loss of bladder control, losing items, inability to cope with everyday household tasks. I thought I was coping with the change in mum, but have the last few days felt very tearful.

MrsP

Mar 19, 2005
Dear Blacksheep

May I be the first to say welcome to TP. I can't always spend time here but when I do it reasures me that no matter how down I feel, there are people out there who care and are going through the same emotions. It doesn't ultimately change anything but at least someone will listen without getting bored of hearing it, as many of my friends (unintentionally) do. We all get tearful but it just shows you are a human being. Hope you find comfort here, take care love Kate x.

P.S. How old is your Mum? When was she diagnosed? Is she on any medication?

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Blacksheep,
Welcome to TP. Maybe mum is aware, but just not able to admit it, because she may then have to consider the future. Don't push it - I think many of us have gone along with the "you're just a bit forgetful today, it's OK'.
The future is going to be full of ups and downs - your emotions will get well and truly scrambled. Enjoy the ups, survive the downs - they do pass.
I am pleased that you have already gained encouragement and reassurance from TP. It is a fantastic community of people - pleased that you have joined it.
Love Helen

Blacksheep

Nov 2, 2006
South East
Hi

Mum is 60 and we have been told she has FTD. Our GP has told us there is no medication which will help. Thanks for the welcome :)

icare2

Jun 18, 2006
scotland
walking is the best you can get,when you are marching you are not fifghting

I have been in an NHS..AD assement very recently,and most of the AD patients there are allowed too freely walk in the corridors,without there,not too my liking as some..Not ALL AD suffers are violent but most do it,again I will say not all..
My experience of VIOLENT conduct is from my lovely dear wife,who would be mortified at me saying this now if she was able to read this,but she has been very violent to her very nearest and dearest people..ie..grandchildren ME and her sons and Daughter,the people that care Most for her in the World,as we all now Know and realise,it is Her illness not the way she was a very kind and loving grandmother..
THATS THE WAY THIS CURSED ILLNESS AFFECTS THE BRAIN CELLS THAT UNTIL NOW CANNOT BE CONTROLLED,BUT WE ALL LIVE IN HOPE THAT SOMETHING WILL BE THERE VERY SOON HOPEFULLLY..ALL BEST WISHES TOO ANYONE THATS IN SAME PREDICAMENT AS WE ARE NOW..
may your god go with you all the best..tommy