Hello

juliemellers

Jan 15, 2024
Hi my husband was diagnosed with mixed dementia in October last year I've known there's been a problem since the summer of 2019 but have struggled to get him to the doctor's and then it took a year from getting to the memory clinic to diagnosis, they say his dementia is moderate I'm scared of what lies ahead and if I'm honest feel trapped by my situation ....I hoped to find support and strength from this forum.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello and welcome @juliemellers to this friendly and supportive forum. There is a wealth of shared experience of dementia to be found here, and members really do want to help.
I am sorry to read about your Husband. It's tough on you for sure and what lies ahead is just unknown. Please do not think that everything you read about on here will happen to your husband. Everyone's path with this horrible and cruel disease is different.
I hope you are getting some support yourself?
This is a great place to reach out and ask questions. I hope you will, as there is total understanding here. Or just write down on here how you're feeling. It can help

juliemellers

Jan 15, 2024
This is as far as I've got with support, I'm a very private person and finding it difficult to reach out for that help apart from a chosen few ,I'm thinking this will be a gd starting point .

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
That's a good start. Just put on here what you want to - share what you want, and not what you don't want to. There is no pressure. Perhaps start by having a good look round the forums.
Members here really do want to help, as I said earlier, so just reach out when you are ready

juliemellers

Jan 15, 2024
Hello and welcome @juliemellers to this friendly and supportive forum. There is a wealth of shared experience of dementia to be found here, and members really do want to help.
I am sorry to read about your Husband. It's tough on you for sure and what lies ahead is just unknown. Please do not think that everything you read about on here will happen to your husband. Everyone's path with this horrible and cruel disease is different.
I hope you are getting some support yourself?
This is a great place to reach out and ask questions. I hope you will, as there is total understanding here. Or just write down on here how you're feeling. It can help
This is as far as I've got with support, I'm a very private person and finding it difficult to reach out for that help apart from a chosen few ,I'm thinking this will be a gd starting point .

That's a good start. Just put on here what you want to - share what you want, and not what you don't want to. There is no pressure. Perhaps start by having a good look round the forums.
Members here really do want to help, as I said earlier, so just reach out when you are ready
Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaffacake104