Hello

Snow-Bird

Nov 25, 2021
Hello ,

Hello,
Thank you for your welcome.
I am looking forward to being part of this wonderful Forum.
Best Wishes
Snow-Bird

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hullo and welcome to the forum @Snow-Bird. You will find help, advice and support here, so feel free to read a few threads and ask questions or tell us more about your situation when you feel ready to.

Snow-Bird

Nov 25, 2021
Hello Nae Sporran
If you see this could please let me know? I thought I had left a message on the poetry board....
but just came in to this one.
My Mum is in her mid 90`s and has Vascular Dementia and Cancer.
There has been a breakdown in communication in the family.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hi @Snow-Bird
Sometimes I think I have posted something on a thread and cant find it, but then when I go back to the thread I find my reply in the box at the bottom. What happened was that I wrote a post, but then didnt hit the blue "post reply" button..............

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Hullo again, @Snow-Bird. I think canary might be right as to what went wrong, but this message has got through.
Sorry your mum has cancer and vascular dementia to deal with. If you post on https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/forums/caring-for-a-person-with-dementia-and-cancer.81/ you should get more relevant support and advice. Click on the Post Thread blue box, write your message and click on the new Post Thread box at the bottom of the page.
I can't really help much with your family communication problems, that's something we all battle at some point and without knowing your family I can only sympathise.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Sorry about the breakdown in communication in the family @Snow-Bird . It often seems that at times when we most need the family to pull together the stress of the situation pulls people apart instead. My husband and his siblings nearly fell out irrevocably over the best way to care for their mother. I don't know what's been happening in your case but sometimes those not involved in day to day care try to help in ways that don't actually help the carer even if in theory they should. Certainly that was one of the problems in my husband's family.
There were loads of fallings out among them over it all, but in the end after a few zoom meetings and a lot of compromise, they finally had a plan they could all agree to. It did mean my mother in law probably went into care at least a year later than she should have done, but at least the four of them are still talking to each other.