Hello!

Rach1571

Feb 24, 2021
Hi my names Rachel and I'm new to all this.
I am caring for my 86 year old mum who was diagnosed with vascular dementia and alzheimers in May 18, 2 months after my Dad had passed away. My sister and I have been caring for mum but unfortunately my sister very suddenly and totally unexpectedly passed away in January. So I'm experiencing a hundred different feelings. I am caring for mum, sorting my sisters house and affairs, trying to work and it's all getting on top of me. I feel guilty because I havent even started to grieve for Ruth because I havent got time. I cant leave mum on her own. I am staying at night with her because she is not safe to leave. I just need somewhere to sound off... I apologise that this talking point may be my way of sounding off.

Old Flopsy

Sep 12, 2019
Welcome Rachel. You are trying to deal with so much at once- no wonder you feel overwhelmed. Do keep posting- pour out your feelings. Take one day at a time. We are here for you.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Hi @Rach1571 and welcome to DTP
I think the time has come for you to get some help, I suggest you ask SS for a needs assessment for your Mum and a carers assessment for yourself.
We all think we can take the world on but one that is no longer practical, please read some of the posts on DTP and you will see you are not alone.
I hope now you have found the forum you will continue to post for support

Rach1571

Feb 24, 2021
Hi @Rach1571 and welcome to DTP
I think the time has come for you to get some help, I suggest you ask SS for a needs assessment for your Mum and a carers assessment for yourself.
We all think we can take the world on but one that is no longer practical, please read some of the posts on DTP and you will see you are not alone.
I hope now you have found the forum you will continue to post for support
Thank you so much nellbelles, you're really kind. X