Hello to all

daveflowers

Apr 12, 2008
Derby
Hi, i thought as im new i would introduce myself, my father has Vascular Dementia, he is cared for at home by my mother. I am married with 4 great children. We have joined this forum to hopefully gain a greater understanding of my fathers condition, thus being of greater help with his care and also hopefully to be able to offer help and support to others from our own experiances. hope to talk lots more soon.
Dave :):)

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hello Dave, and Welcome to Talking Point [TP]

I hope you will find the forum helpful.

What sort of thing in particular do you want to learn more about?

Silly question, probably, because there is so much to take in, but you must have some questions that are to the front of your mind...?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Dave,

It says a lot about you that you`ve found this forum to help your parents and you are planning to involve yourself in your father`s care.

There are many here caring for those with Vascular Dementia and it does seem to hold more challenges in behaviour than Alzheimers.

I hope you get the support and information you need.

Lucille

Sep 10, 2005
Hello Dave

Welcome to the club no-one wants to join! :)

My mum has been suffering from Vascular Dementia for over 3 years now and it's all been a bit of a trial. Thankfully, I've had TP to turn to and have learnt a lot from friends on here and offloaded frustrations when necessary. Feel free to do the same! There's always someone lurking:)

All the best to you and your family - and sorry to hear about your dad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinydaffodil