Hello - Newbie here

candymostdandy@

May 12, 2006
west sussex
Hi Libby

My mother lives with me after having lived with my brother, and although she is really happy, (we are not having any agressive incidents etc), she often packs her bags and asks when she is being picked up and going back.

She wasn't happy at my brothers, and the situation had got quite stressful, but nevertheless, most days she has her bags packed.

Every day the question is "when am I going", "when am I being picked up" when I ask " where are you going" she normally says "home", and yet again I explain that she now lives with me, and has done so for 5 months. At which point she'll accuse me of not explaining this to her.

I suppose what I am trying to say is that it appears that it doen't matter where they are "going home" is what they always want to do.

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
Going Home

My Mum is also always talking about "going home" but I think she the means her childhood home in North London. She seems to be living in the past. Since leaving her own home last year, she has been in two residential care homes, a hospital for nearly four weeks and the Nursing Home for the Elderly and EMI, where she is now. She forgets where she is and feels alone because she is confused. She also talks to herself as if some one else is in the room.

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Lynne said:
:D Wendy, you obviously didn't get to the bottom - there was probably a coffee in there for you too!

And perhaps a few choccies on the side:) :) !!!
Wendy
Keep smiling!

Libby

May 20, 2006
North East
Well, I went in to the home to see Mum today, and I have to say that I felt a lot calmer having read about other peoples experiences. I didn't get stressed out when she kept on about me taking her home. I just calmly kept repeating that she was just staying there for a little while. Also, having said that I wished people would talk to her, one of the cleaners actually stayed and had a chat with us today which was nice. Mum introduced me as her sister:( , and what she said didn't make a lot of sense, but at least she was chatting.

I only managed to find a doughnut wrapped up in a pair of pants, no sausage rolls today.

Many thanks to everyone who's helped to de-stress me