hello im back 3 years later

juniepoonie

Jun 11, 2013
essex
hello everyone im returning to this forum. i was a regular 3/4years ago. then my brotherinlaw went into a nursing home because my sister was taken ill with cancer an died. im my BIL only regular visitor his children rarely visit an my sister was his second wife (ist died) an children were never very happy about that. he made my hubby POA an excecutor and his children were not happy with that either ,thinking we were in it for his money. far from it we dont get a penny we just promised we would look out for him. why im back is his now end stage can only eat nothing much else gives him pleasure tho i do get response when i play him reggae an hold his hands an dance, my BIL is 71 next week hes had this since he was around 60. i suppose i feel i just want a bit of contact with others again. i feel im a bit alone in this as no one else really goes .juniepoonie

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
hello everyone im returning to this forum. i was a regular 3/4years ago. then my brotherinlaw went into a nursing home because my sister was taken ill with cancer an died. im my BIL only regular visitor his children rarely visit an my sister was his second wife (ist died) an children were never very happy about that. he made my hubby POA an excecutor and his children were not happy with that either ,thinking we were in it for his money. far from it we dont get a penny we just promised we would look out for him. why im back is his now end stage can only eat nothing much else gives him pleasure tho i do get response when i play him reggae an hold his hands an dance, my BIL is 71 next week hes had this since he was around 60. i suppose i feel i just want a bit of contact with others again. i feel im a bit alone in this as no one else really goes .juniepoonie
Welcome back, @juniepoonie. I'm sorry though things are as they are for you. It's a long time you've been looking out for your BIL. I'm sure your sister would be very grateful to you for taking care of him. In the end, I suppose it doesn't really matter what his children think. You take care of their dad because of who you are, and not because of anyone else.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
This must be a very difficult situation for you jooniepoonie. So sad that the close relatives rarely visit but it's good to hear that you look out for him and get some kind of response. Well done you.

juniepoonie

Jun 11, 2013
essex
This must be a very difficult situation for you jooniepoonie. So sad that the close relatives rarely visit but it's good to hear that you look out for him and get some kind of response. Well done you.
hi stanley im sure i remember you from when i ist joined good to hear from you thanks for reply

juniepoonie

Jun 11, 2013
essex
Welcome back, @juniepoonie. I'm sorry though things are as they are for you. It's a long time you've been looking out for your BIL. I'm sure your sister would be very grateful to you for taking care of him. In the end, I suppose it doesn't really matter what his children think. You take care of their dad because of who you are, and not because of anyone else.
hello thanks for welcome means a lot to know im not alone

father ted

Aug 16, 2010
London
Welcome back jooniepoonie,

Much better that he has you to visit him than someone who doesn't want to be there. Also you must get comfort that he and you are are linked through your sister who I'm sure you both miss very much.
Best Wishes to you. X

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello juniepoonie, sorry to read that your BIL has deteriorated so much. Thank goodness you and your husband are there to visit and look out for him.