Hello I'm Anna I'm new to this.

nannaanna

Aug 7, 2015
Plymouth UK
I care for my Aunt who has Lewy Body disease a very common form of dementia. I had never heard of it. The challenge I am struggling with as is she, it is intermittent. If anyone has experience of this particularly it would be very helpful. Saying that any help would be welcome.

I have just come out of a really sudden bad patch with her and its left me feeling guilty that I wasn'there when she needed me most when it arrived. Because it comes and goes with no knowing when my continuing to work as I was may be very difficult. Although I have a lot of support, I imagine it may wear thin.

Anna

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Anna

No one can predict when a person with dementia will have an off moment and need more help. It's what makes being a carer so difficult.

I'm sure everyone on TP whether living with the person or not will know of your experiences and feel equally guilty or frustrated.

The rule of thumb really is to provide as much support as possible and try to ensure the person you are caring for is not at risk . It's easier sId than done if you cannot be there at all times.

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Hello Anna, and a warm welcome to TP. I'm sure you'll get lots of friendly advice and support here.

Have you read the factsheet about Lewy Bodies dementia? I don't know if will be helpful to you, but you can find it here:-

http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?documentID=113

There are lots of other factsheets in the Resources section, which is shown on the right hand side underneath the pale blue strip above.

I'm sure others will be along very shortly with better help for you, but I just wanted to say hello and welcome.