Hello , I`m back at last !

Devonmaid

Sep 23, 2007
Dartmoor Devon
Hello folks, dont know if anyone will remember me , it seems like ages since I was on here and then had to sign off as we were moving house . Well , now in our very tiny cottage in Cornwall ( will have to change my name soon !) but we had to wait four weeks for dear BT to connect us to the outside world which , when you are in a very rural area and mobiles dont work too well , is a bit of a pain to say the least . I went to see my Mum just before Christmas and due to rail delays , spent 12 hours on trains but it was worth it although she didnt know me .She has now left hospital and is in a home and seems quite settled . The beauty is that the nursing home has its own EMI unit so that when this becomes necessary , which will be very soon we are advised , she wont have to move again . Sadly, she never talks of her home any more which I guess makes us feel better but worse too , if that makes sense . She is now very frail but my sister fetched her out over Christmas and she managed fine but was very happy to go back to the home again , seems to sleep an awful lot . Our move went ok although sadly I have had to part with loads of belongings as this cottage is about half the size of our previous home ! Never mind , they are only things , the memories remain ! Hope you are all well ,
Love Kate x

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Welcome return Kate. Glad that the move was successful and now, thanks to modern technology:) and BT:D, you are fully in touch with the rest of the world:rolleyes:.

Not sure where you are in Cornwall, but the county holds very many pleasant memories for me.

Sorry about the deterioration in mum, but the home sounds to be so suitable, having its own EMI unit.

Look forward to hearing more from you soon.

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
What's it tobe Cornishlass!!!

Dear Kate,
So pleased to hear from you. It is really good that everything is o.k. for your Mum in the Care Home. What would we do without modern technology.
Possessions, you can leave but memories you take in your heart where ever you go.
I wish you a Peaceful 2008.
Love and Happiness in your new home. Christine

blue sea

Aug 24, 2005
England
Hello Kate
Pleased to hear your mum is so settled and that your move has gone well. It will still be hard for you, but you will feel at peace in that your mum is being well cared for and is not suffering.
Blue sea

Lucille

Sep 10, 2005
Hello Kate

Glad to hear all is going well (except the BT connection!)

Also pleased that your mum is settled. The train journey to see her sounded a nightmare, but whether long haul or short haul, between us lot on TP we must cover some miles. :)

You are right about "things v memories" - the latter is something that we can cherish and carry with us wherever we are. Am sure you will have some good 'new' ones in your new abode!

Best wishes for the new year.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Welcome back, Kate. Glad the move went well, and that your mum is settled in her NH.

Let's hope you have a period of calm now, to enjoy your new home.

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Kate, Of course we remember you. Welcome back.

I`m glad the move went well, inspite of having to get rid of so many things. It shouldn`t be a problem, less to clean.:)

I`m glad also that you mother settled into her new home. A big relief for you.

Take care and keep in touch, now you`re back again.

Love xx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet