Hello Hendy here...

hendy

Feb 20, 2008
West Yorkshire
I havent been on this forum for ages... but I am still looking after dad (who has suffered from vascular dementia for at least 10years) and although he is comfortable and in a home ... I cant describe the heartache as a family we have been through... i I have suffered major depression and gawd knows what other stuff life throws at you but yet (healthy)people do not understand..... (bangs head repeatedly against brick wall)........ it has got to be the most horrendous illness anyone could endure....
GrannieG wishing you all the comfort in the world.....

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Stick in there Hendy, you know you did the right thing. Don't batter the wall so much - it deserves a chance! Don't batter yourself emotionally either. So many of us take the same decision, with the same amount of agony, and yet we know it is right.

Look to yourself a little now.

Love

Margaret

djlonuk

Jan 23, 2012
London
Hendy the heartache is terrible.... absolutely. I feel the same pain daily. My thoughts are with you.
Don

chucky

Feb 17, 2011
UK
Hi Hendy, i agree, dementia must be the worst illness ever, its soul destroying to watch our loved ones being savaged by an invisible force that no one can cure. Im sure other illnessess are just as hard to the sufferer or carers but dementia robs us of the person we spent our lives with and leaves a shell thats confused, scared, bewildered, sad, angry, and lost in another world. It really is a cruel disease.