Hello good people.

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
Dear fellow ex- travellers,

It’s now nearly two months since mum died and was at the funeral 5 weeks ago. Was just wondering how you are all doing? I’m rattling around ,handed in my notice at work 2 weeks ago plus hubby ( work at the same school)... going home for Xmas to be with dad. He’s only got me now. Feel sort of OK . Don’t really cry about mum or uncle who died February this year too. Got all the orders of service lined up at the moment near the telly. Father-in-law , very close uncle and mum. Find it comforting. Too many this year.

Keep wondering when it’ll hit me and I’ll just cry a lot. Don’t know if it will though. Feel I should be more sad or something. Don’t really know. Any insight into this new game??

I do know that being an adult is stinking. Don’t like it. Just needed to talk. You know how it is sometimes.

Thanks for listening.

Suexx

Last edited by a moderator:

Dimpsy

Sep 2, 2019
Hello Sue, raw grief affects us all differently and is never the way you think it will be and it looks as if you have lost three family members within a short space of time. No wonder you don't know if you are coming or going, you are in a state of shock.
Have you thought about asking for some professional help; there are bereavement councillors who could help you understand your emotions.
I agree, it's hard work being a grown up.
Sending best wishes and peace to you.

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
Everyone is so different and grief affects us differently. I can only say - None were my PWD but my partner died followed by his mother (who I was close to) 6 months later and then my Dad died 5 months after that. I never cried for any of them as I was trying to be strong for everyone else. Then my cat died 4 weeks after my Dad and I bawled my eyes out for what seemed a whole day. Every time I thought I could not cry anymore I started again. I never cried like that again but I would have an odd cry occasionally when something poignant reminded me of one of them. It was a tough year like the year you have had. I hope you can find comfort with your Dad and your hubby. This has been made worse for you by your work situation whereas my work kept me going as I loved what I was doing and the people I worked with.
I am not very keen on this being a responsible grown up either.
Virtual hugs to you at this tough time