1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

Hello everyone :) x.

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by sky90, Nov 11, 2015.

1. sky90

sky90 Registered User

Aug 9, 2015
    Eastsussex
    Hello everyone sorry I have not wrote a post in a while. I hope everyone is ok?
    My mum has been having some bad time especially with her sun downing. She has been wondering around for a few nights. But now we have alarms on the front and back doors so if my mum does try and go out side it sets of a alarm but its not loud enough to scary her it just lets us know. When my mum has sun downing she gets very sad and sometime just wants to be one her own. Also sometime loud noises hurts my mums head. Iv been visiting my mums friend who is in a rest home for people with dementia. It is so hard to see some of the people struggle with everyday stuff and find it hard to remember each day. I felt like cry thinking my mum will be like them one day and there's nothing I can do to help her. I know the most important thing I can do is make her happy and have a good old laugh with her . My mum has also started writing poems. She has a bit of Parkinson and her arm sometime shakes so we only feel her cups up half way.

I hope your all having a good day.

Sky90 x.

2. lesley1958

lesley1958 Registered User

Mar 24, 2015
    Bristol
    Dear Sky, my dad gets very sad when he is sundowning too. It is so hard when there is just nothing you can do to comfort the person you love so dearly. I hope your mum does have some happy times too still. My Dad does still have some good times and I am so grateful for that.

Much love

Lesley