Hello everyone. This is my first attempt so please bear with me.

Greeeneyes

Aug 31, 2016
Dorset
Hello everyone. I hope I'm able to use this forum, I'm not very tech savvy.
My sister and I share our lovely bungalow having sold our respective properties to buy and move in together upon our retirement a few years ago. All was well at first but 6 years ago I noticed she had memory problems. She was in denial and refused visits from memory nurse until last year when she didn't realise she was having the ACE 111 test. Her results were very low. 12/100and 1/30 on the mini ACE.
I dread to think what the scores are now as there has been a huge deterioration. So much so that I am now looking at nursing homes. Does anyone know how many points per year are usually dropped on the ACE 111 test.
I would judge that she is stage 7a, talks non stop gibberish although she is still continent..

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Welcome to the forum, Greeneyes. I'm sorry your sister's deterioration has dampened plans for your retirement together and brings you here.
As Beate says, everyone is different and my OH seems to go through phases depending on her general health. When she is tired, her arthritis plays up badly or has a UTI her symptoms are worse, before she stabilises again. Have you checked for other problems just as a possibility?

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Hello, welcome from me too. If I’ve learnt one thing in the two years or so, that I have had dealings with dementia, it is that everyone is so different. I think my husband has gone into a care home at an earlier stage than many others do...but our circumstances were different! I’m not sure how helpful it would be for you to see scores, or know about deterioration...the thing is, if she needs a care home, then that is the stage you are at. I hope that makes sense.
I am so very sorry for you though. I am very close to my sister, she has seen me through a few crises, and I would be devastated if she were ill. Do keep posting, you will find plenty of support from the members here.