Hello and thank you

Vera's den

Feb 3, 2016
Lancashire
Hi everyone, this is my first post but I have been reading TP for a few months. I would first of all like to say thanks for all the help I have got from you all there is always someone who is asking the question that's going round in my head. I care for my father in law who was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in October although I think he has had it at least three years. He has always been a very difficult man but nothing could have prepared me for what he has become. He has never been ill except for a bout of shingles 30 years ago. Getting him to see a doctor about things that from his view only existed in my mind was a nightmare and things went down hill from there. Luckily I found the Alzheimer's Society website and you good people. I'm sure you have already saved my sanity. Thank you all I am sure I will be back with many questions as time goes on. :)

balloo

Sep 21, 2013
northamptonshire
Hi everyone, this is my first post but I have been reading TP for a few months. I would first of all like to say thanks for all the help I have got from you all there is always someone who is asking the question that's going round in my head. I care for my father in law who was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in October although I think he has had it at least three years. He has always been a very difficult man but nothing could have prepared me for what he has become. He has never been ill except for a bout of shingles 30 years ago. Getting him to see a doctor about things that from his view only existed in my mind was a nightmare and things went down hill from there. Luckily I found the Alzheimer's Society website and you good people. I'm sure you have already saved my sanity. Thank you all I am sure I will be back with many questions as time goes on. :)

Welcome to TP as you say it saves your sanity too right it does and gives advice. I must admite that different areas seam to have more help for people with dementai than others which i find un fare
I have been carering for my MIl for over 3 years now and she lives with us , so if had to give 1 piece of advice it would be make time for yourself .

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Hello Vera's den and welcome to talking point. So glad you find the forum useful in caring for your Father-In-Law. It is lovely that you have now introduced yourself and will look forward to you joining in the discussions and asking the questions we can hopefully help you with.

Last edited: