1. Vera's den

Vera's den Registered User

Feb 3, 2016
    Lancashire
    Hi everyone, this is my first post but I have been reading TP for a few months. I would first of all like to say thanks for all the help I have got from you all there is always someone who is asking the question that's going round in my head. I care for my father in law who was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in October although I think he has had it at least three years. He has always been a very difficult man but nothing could have prepared me for what he has become. He has never been ill except for a bout of shingles 30 years ago. Getting him to see a doctor about things that from his view only existed in my mind was a nightmare and things went down hill from there. Luckily I found the Alzheimer's Society website and you good people. I'm sure you have already saved my sanity. Thank you all I am sure I will be back with many questions as time goes on. :)

2. balloo

balloo Registered User

Sep 21, 2013
    northamptonshire
    Welcome to TP as you say it saves your sanity too right it does and gives advice. I must admite that different areas seam to have more help for people with dementai than others which i find un fare
    I have been carering for my MIl for over 3 years now and she lives with us , so if had to give 1 piece of advice it would be make time for yourself .

3. jaymor

jaymor Volunteer Moderator

Jul 14, 2006
    Female
    England
    #3 jaymor, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    Hello Vera's den and welcome to talking point. So glad you find the forum useful in caring for your Father-In-Law. It is lovely that you have now introduced yourself and will look forward to you joining in the discussions and asking the questions we can hopefully help you with.

4. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Welcome from me too!:)